Sunday, February 11, 2018

Tales be Told

The clouds were black
And heavy with rain
The day that Rumpelstiltskin came.

He came for my child,
My first-born,
He claimed that I'd been fairly warned.

He gave me a riddle,
I'd guess his name.
Otherwise, the child he'd gain.

He leaned over my child
As I searched my brain
Hoping t'was not all in vain.

I remembered.
The tale my mother had told,
A little man who spun straw to gold.

He and that man of "fairy tales"
Must be the same.
I knew Rumpelstiltskin was his name.


I'd won the riddle
fair and square
Still all of you should beware
Of a tiny man
His games unfair.

But only because of the "myths" I'd heard
Did I win that jest
With just one word.


Rumplestiltskin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.