Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Food For Thought | Body Positivity and Fashion Confidence

Though I don't agree on some world views, something I've thought about is how lovely it is that people are supporting body positivity. It's so nice to be told that how you look, how you are built, is good enough.
Throughout history we've always been given standards of how one should look and a bunch of it is unrealistic. There's no way everyone can fit into the box of what is "beautiful." (Sometimes the standard is just little things to change, e.g. have thick eyebrows, or curly hair, or straight hair, and so on). But everyone is different, it's what makes us beautiful.
If I hadn't been born in this age I would probably be very self-conscious of my appearance. But as it is, everyone embracing that they are different, it causes me to see myself as enough, and to see everyone else as enough.

We also have entered an age (in my opinion) of fashion confidence. We are very free to wear pretty much anything. You could wear a cape and rock it! It's nice to have the freedom of expression through clothes. Everyone is allowed to have their own different styles.

Sure, there will always be haters. But the only way to change the world is to make the change yourself. Be the example.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.