Sunday, March 11, 2018

Food For Thought | Trendy?

It annoys me that I'm at the point where I can't find people beautiful, or things beautiful, because of the way I have been influenced in my life.
Because someone is wearing a new trend makes them "basic" and "shallow," or something.
What? Why can I not appreciate it? Who cares if everyone else is doing it too? It still is beautiful, it still looks nice. Sure, I don't judge in this way often, but the fact that I can look at something beautiful and then dismiss it because it's "too popular"?! Just because something is popular it doesn't make it inherently bad.

I've grown up with this notion that I always have to be different, never liking anything popular.
And, sure, there are some dumb trends out there. But usually something that becomes so popular among a lot of people is because it's good. If that many people like it, from so many backgrounds...
This is something I'm just trying to fix in my brain: popular does not make something immediately bad.

So let's quit dismissing things that are "too popular." Let's just enjoy the mutual agreement that something is beautiful.

Thanks y'all,

S. Meadows

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.