Friday, April 6, 2018

Food For Thought | Writers

I have realized why I respect writers so much. I used to say that it was because they can just make beautiful things, beautiful pictures in the mind, just with words. And sometimes the simplest thing really. That is still true. But what I really have grasped as of two minutes ago (I was doing math and my mind tends to wander) is that it really is how that have that in their brain, and the ability they have to get it out. 
Sometimes I'll have the happiest, most beautiful thoughts (at least to me), but I can't get them into words. I guess that's why I enjoy reading a good poem sometimes. The writer uses the simplest of words to create a beautiful picture.

On another note, something I have discussed with a smart friend of mine is how for each person the mental image is different. We compared what our mental images had been with a book we both had read and it sometimes was quite different. Universally, everyone is going to have different beautiful images as they read something. A writer has that power.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.